Miko Grimes, the wife of Miami Dolphins' cornerback Brent Grimes, was arrested at Sun Life Stadium on Sunday.
- Miko Grimes allegedly tried to cross an area in which police had restricted people from walking in.
- Miami-Dade police officer grabbed her arm to stop her, but Grimes was able to get away.
- Another officer told Grimes to stop and also to relax, that's when Grimes allegedly started shouting curse words at officers.
- Grimes, when standing after being placed in handcuffs, then allegedly head butted an officer.
- An officer took his taser out, pointed it at Grimes, and advised her should would be tased if she didn't relax.
- While being initially transported on a Miami-Dade Police golf cart, Grimes allegedly was continually kicking the officer whom had to hold her down.
- Grimes was treated for minor injuries and then arrested.
Miami-Dade Police spokesperson Det. Alvaro Zabaleta said Grimes was charged with:
- Battery on a law-enforcement officer
- Resisting with violence
- Disorderly conduct
First report of the arrest came via Twitter user Francisco Rosario who was outside the stadium and posted a video.
This isn't the first time Grimes found herself in the spotlight. She went on a Twitter rant on her way home from the NFL Pro Bowl in January. I was able to exclusively speak to her after she landed at Miami International Airport.
(Update: 9/28 5:30pm)
Miami-Dade Police Department Detective Zabaleta said usually in a case like Grimes', the person would be given a trespass warning and not be allowed back. Banning Grimes "is something that (special events police officers) are going to have to discuss," Zabaleta said.
(Photo Source: Miami-Dade Corrections)